Provides guidance to prospective loan applicants who have problems qualifying for traditional loans. Guidance may include determining the best type of loan and explaining loan requirements or restrictions.
This career is part of the Human Services cluster Consumer Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Maintains current knowledge of credit regulations.
- Contacts applicants or creditors to resolve questions about applications or to assist with completion of paperwork.
- Counsels clients on personal and family financial problems, such as excessive spending or borrowing of funds.
- Confers with underwriters to resolve mortgage application problems.
- Advises students on available financial-aid awards.
- Analyzes applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Contacts borrowers with delinquent accounts to obtain payment in full or to negotiate repayment plans.
- Approves loans within specified limits.
- Assists in selection of financial award candidates using electronic databases to certify loan eligibility.
- Reviews billing for accuracy.