Sells financial services, such as loan, tax, and securities counseling to customers of financial institutions and business establishments.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Securities and Investments pathway.
A person in this career:
- Determines customers' financial services needs and prepares proposals to sell services that address these needs.
- Prepares forms or agreements to complete sales.
- Sells services or equipment, such as trusts, investments, or check processing services.
- Contacts prospective customers to present information and explain available services.
- Develops prospects from current commercial customers, referral leads, or sales or trade meetings.
- Evaluates costs and revenue of agreements to determine continued profitability.
- Reviews business trends to advise customers regarding expected fluctuations.
- Makes presentations on financial services to groups to attract new clients.