Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of clerical and administrative support workers.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Supervises the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Resolves customer complaints or answers customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Provides employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Reviews records or reports pertaining to activities such as production, payroll, or shipping to verify details, monitor work activities, or evaluate performance.
- Discusses job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Prepares and issues work schedules, deadlines, and duty assignments for office or administrative staff.
- Recruits, interviews, and selects employees.
- Interprets and communicates work procedures and company policies to staff.
- Evaluates employees' job performance and conformance to regulations and recommends appropriate personnel action.
- Trains or instructs employees in job duties or company policies or arranges for training to be provided.