Compiles data from various sources, such as maps, reports, and field and file investigations, for use by city planner in making planning studies.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Science and Mathematics pathway.
A person in this career:
- Participates in and supports team planning efforts.
- Prepares reports, using statistics, charts, and graphs, to illustrate planning studies in areas such as population, land use, or zoning.
- Researches, compiles, analyzes and organizes information from maps, reports, investigations, and books for use in reports and special projects.
- Provides and processes zoning and project permits and applications.
- Responds to public inquiries and complaints.
- Serves as liaison between planning department and other departments and agencies.
- Inspects sites and reviews plans for minor development permit applications.
- Conducts interviews, surveys and site inspections concerning factors that affect land usage, such as zoning, traffic flow and housing.
- Prepares, maintains and updates files and records, including land use data and statistics.
- Prepares, develops and maintains maps and databases.