Plans, directs, or coordinates purchasing, warehousing, distribution, forecasting, customer service, or planning services. Manages logistics personnel and logistics systems and directs daily operations.
This career is part of the Transportation, Distribution and Logistics cluster Logistics Planning and Management Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Collaborates with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Supervises the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Creates policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Directs distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Resolves problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Analyzes all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Negotiates transportation rates or services.
- Directs or coordinates comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Analyzes the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Directs inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.