Directly supervises and coordinates activities of retail sales workers in an establishment or department. Duties may include management functions, such as purchasing, budgeting, accounting, and personnel work, in addition to supervisory duties.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Professional Sales pathway.
A person in this career:
- Provides customer service by greeting and assisting customers and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Directs and supervises employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers.
- Monitors sales activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
- Inventories stock and reorders when inventory drops to a specified level.
- Instructs staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
- Hires, trains, and evaluates personnel in sales or marketing establishments, promoting or firing workers when appropriate.
- Assigns employees to specific duties.
- Enforces safety, health, and security rules.
- Examines merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions as advertised.
- Plans budgets and authorizes payments and merchandise returns.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.