Receives and disburses money in establishments other than financial institutions. May use electronic scanners, cash registers, or related equipment. May process credit or debit card transactions and validate checks.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Professional Sales pathway.
A person in this career:
- Receives payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Answers customers' questions, and provides information on procedures or policies.
- Helps customers find the location of products.
- Issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Greets customers entering establishments.
- Supervises others and provides on-the-job training.
- Assists customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Maintains clean and orderly checkout areas and completes other general cleaning duties, such as mopping floors and emptying trash cans.
- Establishes or identifies prices of goods, services, or admission, and tabulates bills, using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Answers incoming phone calls.