Sells merchandise, such as furniture, motor vehicles, appliances, or apparel to consumers.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Professional Sales pathway.
A person in this career:
- Greets customers and ascertains what each customer wants or needs.
- Recommends, selects, and helps locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
- Computes sales prices, total purchases, and receives and processes cash or credit payment.
- Prepares merchandise for purchase or rental.
- Answers questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Demonstrates use or operation of merchandise.
- Describes merchandise and explains use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
- Tickets, arranges, and displays merchandise to promote sales.
- Inventories stock and requisitions new stock.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.