Sells spare and replacement parts and equipment in repair shop or parts store.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Professional Sales pathway.
A person in this career:
- Receives and fills telephone orders for parts.
- Fills customer orders from stock and places orders when requested items are out of stock.
- Reads catalogs, microfiche viewers, or computer displays to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Receives payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Prepares sales slips or sales contracts.
- Determines replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
- Assists customers, such as responding to customer complaints and updating them about back-ordered parts.
- Locates and labels parts and maintains inventory of stock.
- Marks and stores parts in stockrooms according to prearranged systems.
- Picks up and delivers parts.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.