Demonstrates merchandise and answers questions for the purpose of creating public interest in buying the product. May sell demonstrated merchandise.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Professional Sales pathway.
A person in this career:
- Demonstrates or explains products, methods, or services to persuade customers to purchase products or use services.
- Provides product samples, coupons, informational brochures, or other incentives to persuade people to buy products.
- Keeps areas neat while working and returns items to correct locations following demonstrations.
- Records and reports demonstration-related information, such as the number of questions asked by the audience or the number of coupons distributed.
- Sells products being promoted and keeps records of sales.
- Sets up and arranges displays or demonstration areas to attract the attention of prospective customers.
- Suggests specific product purchases to meet customers' needs.
- Transports, assembles, and disassembles materials used in presentations.
- Identifies interested and qualified customers to provide them with additional information.
- Practices demonstrations to ensure that they will run smoothly.