Weighs, measures, and checks materials, supplies, and equipment for the purpose of keeping relevant records. Duties are primarily clerical by nature.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Quality Assurance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Collects or prepares measurement, weight, or identification labels and attaches them to products.
- Documents quantity, quality, type, weight, test result data, and value of materials or products to maintain shipping, receiving, and production records and files.
- Compares product labels, tags, or tickets, shipping manifests, purchase orders, and bills of lading to verify accuracy of shipment contents, quality specifications, or weights.
- Counts or estimates quantities of materials, parts, or products received or shipped.
- Weighs or measures materials, equipment, or products to maintain relevant records, using volume meters, scales, rules, or calipers.
- Communicates with customers and vendors to exchange information regarding products, materials, and services.
- Computes product totals and charges for shipments.
- Collects product samples and prepares them for laboratory analysis or testing.
- Unloads or unpacks incoming shipments.
- Operates scalehouse computers to obtain weight information about incoming shipments such as those from waste haulers.