Conducts tests to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate and finished products. May conduct stability sample tests.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Science and Mathematics pathway.
A person in this career:
- Conducts routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, or stability samples.
- Interprets test results, compares them to established specifications and control limits, and makes recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Performs visual inspections of finished products.
- Compiles laboratory test data and performs appropriate analyses.
- Completes documentation needed to support testing procedures, including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
- Calibrates, validates, or maintains laboratory equipment.
- Participates in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommends corrective actions.
- Supplies quality control data necessary for regulatory submissions.
- Receives and inspects raw materials.
- Investigates or reports questionable test results.