Conducts programs of compensation and benefits and job analysis for employer. May specialize in specific areas, such as position classification and pension programs.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Human Resources Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Evaluates job positions, determining classification, exempt or non-exempt status, and salary.
- Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Prepares occupational classifications, job descriptions, and salary scales.
- Provides advice on the resolution of classification and salary complaints.
- Researches job and worker requirements, structural and functional relationships among jobs and occupations, and occupational trends.
- Advises managers and employees on state and federal employment regulations, collective agreements, benefit and compensation policies, personnel procedures, and classification programs.
- Performs multifactor data and cost analyses that may be used in areas such as support of collective bargaining agreements.
- Prepares reports, such as organization and flow charts, and career path reports to summarize job analysis and evaluation and compensation analysis information.
- Plans, develops, evaluates, improves, and communicates methods and techniques for selecting, promoting, compensating, evaluating, and training workers.
- Assesses need for and develops job analysis instruments and materials.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.