Obtains evidence, takes statements, produces reports, and testifies to findings regarding resolution of fraud allegations. May coordinate fraud detection and prevention activities.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Securities and Investments pathway.
A person in this career:
- Documents all investigative activities.
- Prepares written reports of investigation findings.
- Gathers financial documents related to investigations.
- Interviews witnesses or suspects and takes statements.
- Analyzes financial data to detect irregularities in areas such as billing trends, financial relationships, and regulatory compliance procedures.
- Reviews reports of suspected fraud to determine need for further investigation.
- Conducts in-depth investigations of suspicious financial activity, such as suspected money-laundering efforts.
- Leads, or participates in, fraud investigation teams.
- Prepares evidence for presentation in court.
- Coordinates investigative efforts with law enforcement officers and attorneys.