Directs the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals; also establishes training programs for sales representatives. Analyzes sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements, and to monitor the preferences of customers.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Marketing Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Oversees regional and local sales managers and their staffs.
- Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Determines price schedules and discount rates.
- Reviews operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Monitors customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
- Confers or consults with department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications.
- Directs and coordinates activities involving sales of manufactured products, services, commodities, real estate or other subjects of sale.
- Confers with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advises customers on types of equipment to purchase.