Plans, directs, or coordinates advertising policies and programs or produce collateral materials, such as posters, contests, coupons, or give-aways, to create extra interest in the purchase of a product or service for a department, an entire organization, or on an account basis.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Marketing Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Plans and prepares advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments, and advertising agencies.
- Inspects layouts and advertising copy and edits scripts, audio and video tapes, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
- Assists with annual budget development.
- Confers with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
- Coordinates with the media to disseminate advertising.
- Coordinates activities of departments, such as sales, graphic arts, media, finance, and research.
- Plans and executes advertising policies and strategies for organizations.
- Directs, motivates, and monitors the mobilization of a campaign team to advance campaign goals.
- Gathers and organizes information to plan advertising campaigns.
- Creates media notices about events.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.